Garden of Eden Urban Farming
- We train technicians, managers and entrepreneurs with hands-on and classroom experience in soil-free gardening.
- We expose growers and students to a wide range of crops, equipment and media.
- We explore how to make crop choices based on market research.
- Learn More
- Advocacy and Project Development
- We develop gardening projects and firms in cooperation with non-profits and local companies.
- We build awareness and acceptance of healthy diets and local production.
- We develop new economic engines in disadvantaged communities.
- We are motivated by social issues stemming from the urban food desert, consisting of communities that are poorly served by the usual food distribution and marketing system with its vicious circle of poor nutrition and economic decline.
- We provide guidance regarding capital formation, equipment, logistics, training, production, distribution and management skills. Each local organization provides space, personnel and local networking.
- Learn More
- Systems, Equipment, Supplies and Consultation
- We supply affiliated growers with the technical equipment, supplies and consultation needed for success.
- Coming in 2019: Our container system can produce living microgreens and leafy green vegetables locally in a small space at low cost. Watch for info on this site soon.
- Vegetable Production
- We encourage and support multiple methods of hydroponic cultivation.
- We operate urban, vertical farms independently or under contract with sponsoring businesses and non-governmental organizations.
Rees Clark 18-Aug-2019
A British take on alternative food supplies. After The Guardian. www.theguardian.com
Michael E. Twiggs 08-Jun-2019
University of Maryland researchers observed that the microgreens contained four to 40 times more nutrients than their mature counterparts. They've been widely quoted. agnr.umd.edu
Rees Clark 03-May-2019
Interesting project in Burkina Faso, West Africa produces chickens, fish, greens and more (overview in French). www.commodafrica.com
Rees Clark 11-Apr-2019
Dr. Axe's take on microgreens. draxe.com
Michael E. Twiggs 21-Mar-2019
Microgreens: Health Benefits and Nutrition Facts
Turns out microgreens are not just a plain good-for-you food or a healthy garnish on salads and soups. www.healwithfood.org