- We work with local affiliates to create training programs for technicians, managers and entrepreneurs with hands-on and classroom experience in soil-free gardening.
- We expose growers and students to a wide range of crops, equipment and media.
- We explore how to make crop choices based on market research.
- We encourage and support multiple methods of hydroponic cultivation; we do not focus on specific methodologies or advocate for particular products.
- Learn More
- We develop urban vertical gardening projects in cooperation with non-profits, churches, schools and small businesses.
- We develop new economic engines in disadvantaged communities.
- We provide guidance regarding capital formation, equipment, logistics, training, production, distribution and management skills. Each local producer provides space, personnel and local transportation and networking.
- We strive to build awareness and acceptance of healthy diets and local production.
Why? We are motivated by social issues stemming from the urban food desert, consisting of communities that are poorly served by the usual food distribution and marketing system with its vicious circle of poor nutrition and economic decline. Learn More
Staff & Member Updates